Monday, November 11, 2013

Reprieve

Something strange happened today. Something relieving. Something exciting. Something unthinkable!

I left my phone in the other room and went to take a short nap. (as my 2 year old has recently forgotten how to sleep though the night)  I'm sorry, just to clarify. I left my phone out of ear shot. For the first time in almost 3 years. You see, for every moment of every day for the past 3 years I have been on high alert. Fearful that I may miss that one call. The one call that would change my life forever. The one call that told me I was going to be mommy to a sweet baby. I had heard stories of families being chosen last minute by a birth mother, but since they were out of reach for several hours she chose another family. I was not about to let that happen to us. So for 3 years I never let my phone out of earshot without making sure Andy could answer his, so this pretty much only happened when I  did hot yoga. Seriously....that's it. So as I laid down to rest this afternoon for a few sweet moments I found myself relaxing and smiled as I closed my eyes knowing that I have a break from this "high alert" status for now. I praise The Lord for this reprieve!

No comments:

Post a Comment