Tuesday, November 12, 2013

In the moment

As we head into the holiday season I have been filling my calendar with all sorts of fun activities! I cannot wait! Today I got started on one of my favorite holiday activities. Baking!! Josiah and I made cookies together and he LOVED it! The look of pure joy on his face as he helped me pour and stir was priceless and the squeal of delight as he tasted a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie would make anyone smile. :) As we were baking something came over me and I realized this is the last holiday season I will have these moments with just Josiah. This realization comes with mixed emotions for me. I am beyond thrilled that next year I will have another little one pulling up on my legs while I mix ingredients. I cannot wait to feel those little hands on my feet and hear his giggles while he and Josiah play with Christmas music playing in the background. But I also realized that I want to soak up every moment between now and March. I need to make memories with every stage of life. My current stage of life is going to change drastically in about 4 months. My chapter as a family of 3 will end and a new chapter will begin. A wise woman gave me this council before Josiah was born: Soak up the moments with your husband. Make memories and simply enjoy the time you have left as husband and wife...a family of 2. I feel this advise applies to my current stage of life as well. Soak up the moments with my 2 boys. Make memories and simply enjoy the time I have left as a family of 3. This does not mean that I don't look forward to the future. Plan for me new little one. To me this simply means that my future does not consume me. I still live in the present. My goal for the next few months is to follow the advise of this wise woman and soak up the last few pages in this chapter of my life. My heart is full and my God is so good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment