Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Release control?!

We are now almost a week out from learning about the brave parents who have chosen us for their son. A week out, but the excitement is still the same. Along with the what ifs, I hopes, will theys, is she, and please Lords. With any birth there are many things we cannot control, but there are also many things we can. The foods I ate, what exercise I did, the doctor I went to and how often, the medications I took, and most importantly, bringing my baby home. With adoption these are things beyond my control. I can't control what she eats, if she exercises, if she makes her doctors appointments, or if she will allow me to bring her baby home. The Lord has been teaching me many lessons during this process, but most recently to allow HIM to be in control. I choose to trust HIM every step of the way. I choose to trust that HE will watch over and keep safe our baby and his birth parents. I choose to trust that HE is working HIS perfect plan in HIS perfect time. Are we seeing a pattern here? It's not about me. It's not about what I want when I want it. It's about Christ working his perfect plan in my life, my husband's life, and the lives of our birth parents. In order to fully see His plan we must relinquish control and simply surrender to Him.

I encourage those of you considering adoption to take some time during adoption awareness month to release control, dig around a bit, call an agency, or simply commit this month to serious prayer about what your involvement should be.

Adopt? Foster? Sponsor a child? Financially support a friend pursuing adoption? Help connect adoptive and foster families? Become more educated? Encourage a friend in the midst of adoption or foster care?

What can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment