Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year, New Word?

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and Happy Happy New Year! I have sat down to write this blog a number of times over the past week, but the words never seem to come to me. Today I figured I would just start writing and see what happens, so my apologies in advance if this is discombobulated :) There are a variety of things I want to discuss. So many thoughts in my head. At times it overwhelmes me as I try to sort through them all. Do you ever feel that way? I have more to do lists than I can count and multiple note pads for different areas of my life just to keep myself straight!

As this new year begins I have been doing lots of reflecting and a lot if looking ahead. Many people make resolutions, but that has never really been my "thing." Others choose a word to live by for the year. This is something I have been seriously pondering the past several days. There are two words that come to mind frequently: trust and release. Really these two words go together, because in order to fully TRUST The Lord with my worries, I must RELEASE control. Not cool. I like being in control. I don't like surprises. They stress me out. A plan relaxes me. Full disclosure is calming. Knowing all possible outcomes and how to get from point A to point B brings me more joy than I care to admit.

So when I began dissecting the ins and outs of our adoption I discovered my plan was not perfect. Surprise surprise, right?
I can't put in plan in place for who Josiah will be with on which days. TRUST, RELEASE. He will be well cared for.
I can't plan out who will take Josiah on what day to KC for the wedding. TRUST, RELEASE. He will get there.
I can't book a hotel because I have no idea when "M" (birth mom) will go into labor. TRUST, RELEASE. There will be a room somewhere.
I can't plan for meals because I don't know if we will be able to get a room with capabilities to cook or heat anything. TRUST, RELEASE. You won't starve.
Mostly, I have no idea where we will get the last $4,000 needed 5 weeks from now, as my original
plan has not come to fruition. TRUST, RELEASE. The Lord will provide.

This list doesn't include so many other minor details, or even touch on life after baby, but it hits the big ones.

While I believe I need to trust my Lord, the bible tells me to with all my heart. I also believe in prayerfully doing my part to make things happen that need to. So, we are going through storage and deciding what we can sell to make a bit more cash. (See link below) T shirt orders are placed so we will be passing those out as soon as they come in. THANK YOU to all who ordered. Message me on Facebook with your address if you live somewhere besides KC or Springfield so I can mail yours once they come in. We also have a donation account set up for anyone who may want to be involved with adoption, but unable to bring a child into your home right now. (Also, see below).

I have researched hotels so I have an idea what's available.

I have talked to family members who are more than willing to care for Josiah while we are away.

So my words, for the next few months at least, are TRUST (in The Lord my God) and RELEASE control (to allow God to work His perfect plan)

What is your word or resolution?

http://springfield.craigslist.org/for/4270895421.html 

http://www.gofundme.com/Castro-Adoption 




No comments:

Post a Comment