Monday, January 27, 2014

Meet the parents-Part 2

Whew! What a weekend! We woke early Saturday morning and began the 8 1/2 hour journey across multiple states toward Kentucky. It was a long drive, but uneventful, thank goodness! We were able to relax Saturday evening, check into our hotel, work out, have dinner, and get to sleep early. At this point I was just excited. I slept great Saturday night....unlike what I anticipated. Then I woke up. My stomach was in knots the entire morning. We were able to drive by the hospital where our son will be born, which was awesome. After that we drove to the restaurant where we met our social worker, V and M. My hands were shaking like crazy and my heart was beating so hard I swear I could hear it. We took a moment in the car to pray one last time for our meeting, then went in.

As soon as they arrived all those feelings of fear and anxiety washed away and I felt at peace, excited, and comfortable. Our conversation felt very familiar to me, which was odd considering I had never spoken with them before. We sat down to eat and immediately began talking. They shared with us all about their families, their reasons for choosing adoption, their desire for our son to know he is loved and thought of by them often, yet is a part of the Castro family. They told us about how he is progressing and growing and how they expect a healthy delivery. We discussed the hospital stay and they formally requested that he be placed in our care immediately. (Thank you for praying about that!) The hospital will even give us a room to stay in if they are not full! How awesome is that?! Conversation never lagged and they were very open and friendly. We discussed contact after birth which will include multiple conversations/texts/emails per week and a visit one or twice a year. They are very comfortable with their choice of adoption and with us as the family they chose. At this point it seems as though everything should go very smoothly in about 6 weeks when Timothy Adam makes his appearance :)

I will blog soon about the legal process and steps that will be taken when Timothy is born. Thank you all for your continued support and prayers! Also, we are much closer to the amount we need to complete this adoption! We are now working to raise the legal fees.

No comments:

Post a Comment