Monday, January 23, 2017

He is STILL good.

I found it not a coincidence at all that we sang "King of my heart" in church yesterday. Considering I just wrote a blog on how God will never let us down and how incredibly GOOD He is. Singing was not something I was capable of doing through my tears, especially as I struggled to truly believe this song. But as the voices around me lifted up His name and proclaimed this truth, the Lord began to slowly speak to my heart. Yes, He is still good. Yes, he still loves me. No, He will NEVER let me down. Our worship leader spoke of allowing others in the room to sing these words over us if we were not able. This broke me. Having been given permission to just be in the moment and wrestle through the emotions flooding my heart gave me such relief. I don't have to FEEL good, but I absolutely KNOW that HE is good. The Lord has shown us undeserved blessings these past few days. I can't even list the ways, but He has made His presence known and overwhelmed my heart with His peace.

After my mom told me she heard this song on her way home from visiting us this weekend I had to look it up. These words speak so clearly what I feel I am trying to express right now. Follow the link below to listen to "Thy Will" By Hillary Scott & The Scott Family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp4WC_YZAuw

Thank you all again for your continued love, support and prayers. They are felt, appreciated and help more than you know.

On a more practical side of this adoption journey: We are "active" with our agency again, meaning we are now being shown to new birth moms. We are hopeful and praying that we are matched quickly. Quickly meaning within a time frame that allows us to finalize an adoption before January 2018 so that we don't have to renew our home study again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment