Thursday, March 5, 2015

A new endeavor

This post may seem a bit off topic from adoption, but I promise it ties together :)

Over this past year I have learned a lot about myself. How I manage stress, how to identify my emotions, to actually allow myself to feel. For a long time now I have managed to stifle my emotions under the umbrella of being sober minded. In my attempt to always take a step back and evaluate a situation I didn't ever truly address what I was feeling. Instead I ate chocolate :) Who can relate?! I've learned that this is probably not the best way to deal, right? I need to allow myself to feel, work through those feelings, AND measure the situation with biblical mindset. Being sober minded doesn't mean just sweeping my emotion under the rug, as I have been operating. As I stated earlier however, I didn't really sweep them, I ate them. It was a stressful year from day 1 with lots of changes and lots of chocolate.

My goals for this year included balance and consistency. Balance in life, consistency in time spent on my relationship with The Lord, balance between being a wife, mom, friend, daughter, grand daughter. Part of that balance also includes actively contributing financially to my family. Which brings me to the next part of my goal: balance and consistency with making healthy food choices and exercise. While these things are a work in progress, I have made great strides in many areas. However, getting healthy has been one of my greatest challenges. This verse has been stuck in my mind  a lot over the past few weeks:

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit..."

I need to be taking good care of this body I have been given.

My tendency is to eat well throughout the week then completely binge on the weekends and undo all my efforts. Recently I made the decision to become a coach with Beachbody. Originally I joined this team as a form of accountability. A support group of sorts. What I have discovered, however, is that my being a coach goes far beyond this original goal and can actually help accomplish the balance and consistency I'm working toward in 2015. With a focus of helping others achieve theirs goals of getting healthy and fit, while walking that journey myself requires time, which requires balance and focus as well as my own consistency.  I get to financially contribute to my family, while focusing on my own health and fitness goals as well as walk alongside others (maybe you?!) as they work toward a better/healthier life. I'm super excited about this endeavor! How I can help myself, others, AND contribute to our  adoption fund by growing this business.  If you use Beachbody programs/products but do not have a coach, I would LOVE to join your journey with you. If you have considered the craziness of  PIYO, T25, Insanity or P90X but haven't made the jump or want to try out the super yummy and crazy healthy Shakeology (I drink it every day!) hit me up! Together we can figure out what works best for you!

I strongly believe my "job" is to be home with my boys, but I need to have a "job" that makes a little money for our adoption. This is the best of both worlds for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment