Thursday, July 31, 2014

MO Court-one

Today we went to court in Missouri with Timothy. This was to officially transfer custody from our agency to us. Going into today, it was just another  step in the process. I knew it would be pretty quick and honestly didn't feel any anxiety or even excitement. This is not the finalization. We have to go to court one more time, 6 months from now to complete the final step. However, as I sat in the court room, sworn under oath, and promised to take care of Timothy my heart was so full. Full of hope and love for this sweet baby boy I was holding. Excitement that we are SO CLOSE to becoming more than just legal custodians but legal PARENTS to him. My eyes filled at one moment as the judge looked at us and pleaded with us to care for our boy. The enormity of parenting hit me once again in that moment. I think as a parent you always feel the weight of that responsibility, but there are moments when it feels  so intense it almost takes your breath away. Today was one of those days. Sitting in court was one if those moments. We are responsible for this precious baby boy. His health, his emotional well being, his spiritual growth, for shaping the way he looks at this world, for instilling in him a desire to seek after The Lord and to look beyond himself, to make a difference in the lives of those around him. Wow. That I have been trusted with this responsibility is humbling, exciting and terrifying! I pray that as Andy and I raise our children we are alert and focused, able to do what is necessary to fulfill this incredible responsibility.


No comments:

Post a Comment